HOW WE ARE HANDLING COVID-19
First and foremost the Pips Treats team would like to thank you all for your amazing support since our launch! Amidst this ongoing situation with COVID-19 we thought it would be prudent to relay some information. We are fortunate enough to have a made to order product and therefore have been unaffected by any shortages which means you can be confident in knowing you will receive your order!
It is important that our customers knows that Pips Treats has already taken all the necessary steps to ensure product and employee safety and have created very stringent operating procedures based on FDA and CDC guidelines. Our treats are also exclusively manufactured in the United States and every product is professionally sealed to maintain its freshness and cleanliness. We here at Pips Treats are working diligently to make sure business is running as normal as possible. It is important to understand that as of today, 07/16/2020, shipping logistics are still moving efficiently.
To address key considerations for how our treats are safely handled and delivered to the public, as well as key best practices for employee health, cleaning and sanitizing, and personal protective equipment (PPE), we have provided below, the procedures we have taken to ensure the safety of our valued customers and staff.
All employees are instructed to notify their supervisors if any symptoms associated with COVID-19 appear. All sick or potentially sick employees are instructed to stay home and to follow the CDC’s What to do if you are sick with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). They are also advised to consult with the local health department for additional guidance.
- Employers - Pre-screen (e.g., take temperature and assess symptoms prior to starting work).
- Employers - Disinfect and clean work spaces and equipment, and consider more frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces.
- Employees - Regularly self-monitor (e.g., take temperature and assess symptoms of coronavirus).
- Employees - Wear a mask or face covering.
- Employees - Practice social distancing and stay at least 6 feet from other people whenever possible.
Personal Hygiene for Employees
- Employees must wear PPE covering and gloves at all times when working with foods.
- We emphasize effective hand hygiene including washing hands for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after an employee blows their nose, coughs, or sneezes.
- Employees must always wash hands with soap and water.
- Employees are encouraged to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Employees must use gloves to avoid direct bare hand contact with foods.
- Before preparing or eating food, employees must always wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds for general food safety.
- Employees must cover their coughs or sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash hands after.
We continue to follow established food safety protocols and best practices for food establishments and important COVID-19 recommendations, including the following:
- Follow the 4 key steps to food safety: Always — Clean, Separate, Cook, and Chill.
- Wash, rinse, and sanitize food contact surfaces dishware, utensils, food preparation surfaces, and beverage equipment after use.
- Frequently disinfect surfaces repeatedly touched by employees or customers such as door knobs, equipment handles, check-out counters, and grocery cart handles, etc.
- Frequently clean and disinfect floors, counters, and other facility access areas using EPA-registered disinfectants.
- Prepare and use sanitizers according to label instructions.
- Continue to use sanitizers and disinfectants for their designed purposes.
- Verify that our ware-washing machines are operating at the required wash and rinse temperatures and with the appropriate detergents and sanitizers.
- Remember that hot water can be used in place of chemicals to sanitize equipment and utensils in manual ware-washing machines.
Packing and Delivery
We observe established food safety practices for time/temp control, preventing cross contamination, cleaning hands, no sick workers, and storage of food, etc.
We have employees wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, after blowing their nose, coughing or sneezing, or after touching high touch surfaces, e.g., doorknobs, and doorbells.
We've increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces such as counter tops and touch pads and within the vehicle, by wiping down surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
We ensure that any wrapping and packaging used for food transport is done so that contamination of the food is prevented.
All employees must wear PPE covering and gloves at all times when working packing all food items.